MailChimp users who are looking to have a more targeted and personalized communication tool have options. One alternative to MailChimp is Mobilize.
Communicating via email is one of the most useful and easiest ways to get information across to your community members. With so many tools out there, it’s hard to determine which one best fits your needs. At first, MailChimp made Email blasting available for people without technical skills. However, as it grew larger, its prices rose. This made the service less accessible unless you could afford to pay more. For that reason, community leaders are not only looking for an alternative to MailChimp but one that would be integrated into their day-to-day community activities.
Here are just some of MailChimps limitations:
- High Costs. MailChimp has subscriber limitations in the cheaper plans and email limitations in the higher plans. If you exceed any of their sending quotas, you could be charged a fee that equals nearly one entire month extra. When you're growing your community this could become an issue as your member base grows.
- No List Segmentation. As we all know, no community is one of the same, and the same goes for community members. It's important to have the ability to filter and segment your communication so that each member gets the attention and personalization they should. MailChimp, unfortunately, doesn't allow you to segment your lists, instead, you have to upload one segment at a time as a separate list.
Seriously? Ain't nobody got time for that!
- No Automation. Since we already mentioned how time was a limited resource, automating our communication to the group members can really save us some of that precious commodity. But alas, MailChimp here fails again to deliver with no way to create an automation flow that can make your life easier - example:
your member onboarding.
- Competing for attention. As more and more people use MailChimp for mass emailing, the 'spam' reputation grows, making your messages land in the promotions tab or even worse - the trash 😱.
For a community to be happy, engaged, and fruitful, the tools you use to communicate with your members should be robust and scalable.
Here are some of the ways Mobilize makes life a little easier when managing your community::
- Email list management. Send emails to all of your community members, or selected members from Mobilize's outreach centre. This ensures that your most important communications don’t go missing. Did a group member miss out on an email? No problem. Mobilize can send targeted follow-ups, making sure no one is left behind. Check out more features here.
- Automated membership emails. Create an exciting onboarding journey for your members by automating your email communication to them from the moment they sign up to your community.
- Create a powerful member directory. The more you know about your group, the better you can serve them. Mobilize gives group leaders the power to learn more about their community by allowing group leaders to customize the data they collect. Allow members to enter their location, files, and other pertinent information to create subgroups within your community—fostering collaboration and engagement among like-minded individuals.
- Own the brand experience. Create a customized member experience. Connect your custom domain and create a registration form associated with your brand to add member trust and credibility to your group. In other words, you’re not just another MailChimp list, you’re a thriving community.
- Members can reply from anywhere. With Mobilize, group members don’t need to login to reply to the communications you’ve sent. And communication friction can be reduced further by letting members join your group using their social logins—in addition to using an email address.
While MailChimp has made it easy to create a newsletter, there’s much more to managing a community than just blasting an email. Community leaders know this. That’s why Mobilize has created tools that are robust and powerful.